Introducing Winexpert Revelation – a rare and exclusive super premium small lots wine available now at Just Fine Wine.
Winexpert brings true passion and winemaking expertise to guide you on an exciting and rewarding adventure crafting your very own small lot wine. As passionate winemakers committed to exploration and the pursuit of excellence, we are excited to bring you this craft winemaking Revelation — a carefully curated and skillfully crafted wine kit offering an elevated wine experience to enlighten the senses. This is wine of the highest caliber, using only the best ingredients, available only in very limited quantities, or ‘small lots’.
This isn’t for the value conscious, easy drinking consumer. This is for the collector, the aficionado. This is for those looking for a crown jewel for their cellar, a trophy wine. This is for red wine lovers who want the best and don’t mind paying a little more to get it.
Ready in 8 weeks and producing 11.5L (approximately fifteen 750ml bottles or a “half batch”) of finished wine, Winexpert Revelation is priced at $222.75 On-Premise or $170 Kit-Only. Available now at Just Fine Wine, only while these extremely limited quantities last.
With this level of excellence and exclusivity, you’ll love your wine. Guaranteed.
The Region: Coombsville, Napa Valley, California – Napa Valley is the crown jewel of California winemaking and a true titan of Cabernet Sauvignon. With an ideal climate and rich soils, the lush valley offers near perfect growing conditions, and is indisputably one of the best places for Cabernet Sauvignon. The tiny region offers a rich selection of iconic and trophy wines that are highly sought after by collectors and consumers. Coombsville, a sub AVA (American Viticultural Area) of the Napa Valley, received its designation in 2011 and is regarded as the future of Napa Cabernet. It is distinguished from other AVAs by its slightly cooler climate and its mix of soils which include mineral-rich volcanic ash and well-draining river rock. The cooler conditions slow ripening, allowing the grapes more hang time and letting flavours develop. Coombsville Cab also produces smaller berries, giving a greater flavour concentration and producing extremely smooth, rich, and polished tannins. Coombsville wines are noted for their typically softer but still significant tannin, which provide excellent structure and mouthfeel, along with underlying layers of earth and mineral flavours.
The Wine: Dark and savoury, showing impressive depth of character. Earthy sage and black fruit aromas. Pronounced black fruit flavours are woven with layers of mocha, tobacco leaf, graphite and dried herb, all set against a backbone of ripe tannins. Rich and full bodied with along dynamic finish. An iconic wine from the crown jewel of California winemaking
Food Pairings: Big and bold with loads of black fruit flavours, this is best matched with equally big, rich flavours, or foods high in fat and umami flavours. Try marinated ribeye steak, angus burger, mushroom pizza, braised beef short ribs, or lamb. For charcuterie, feature cheeses like gouda, aged cheddar, or gorgonzola.
Value: Greatness often comes with a high price tag and Napa Valley wines are a prime example. Premier quality and relative scarcity drive the price of Napa Cab Sauv sky high; these are among the most expensive wine grapes in the world, and highly coveted wines. On the low end, a standard bottle from liquor and wine stores typically ranges from $40-$50 with higher end wines selling for $100+ per bottle. At the equivalent of around $15/bottle (made on premise), Revelation offers consumers a high end Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon at excellent value.
BODY: FULL || OAK: HEAVY || SWEETNESS: DRY || ALCOHOL: 14%
Points of Interest
- Winexpert Revelation will only be released in extremely “small lots”. Less than 2000 kits were produced this year for all Winexpert Retailers around the world.
- Available on a first come, first served basis. Last year we were lucky to secure ten. Once the wine is gone, it’s gone and there will be no more available to us this year.
- There will only ever be one single wine in the Revelation brand: a Napa area Cabernet Sauvignon (or variation/blend thereof). Every year will offer a unique new version.
- At the liquor store, Napa Valley Cab Sauvs often sell for $40-$50 a bottle, with high end wines frequently selling upwards of $100 per bottle.
- Each year will be a new, distinct vintage of the wine impacted by weather, growing conditions, handling, formulation, etc. – making Revelation unique and setting it apart from the majority of Winexpert wine kits.
- A minimum of 6 months bottle aging is recommended, with a sweet spot of between 12 and 18 months from bottling for drinking. Winexpert has been running post-bottle shelf life trials at 3, 6, 9, 12, 18, and 24 months in order to conduct tastings at regular intervals to determine optimal aging, which may influence aging recommendations for Revelation going forward.
- The juice used in this incarnation of Revelation is from Napa’s 2022 harvest. For us to make the best wine possible, it is ideal for Winexpert’s winemakers to be able to formulate and ferment using the actual juice that will go into the final kit. As this can take several months, the juice is sourced in advance of the release and put in cold storage while winemakers and the product development team use a portion of the juice to do their fermentation trials.
- Produces “half batches” of 11.5L or approximately fifteen 750ml bottles of finished wine.
- Utilizes ingenuitive new technique of oak spheres.
- Barrel aging likely will not be offered – due to the scarcity of the product available.
Inspiration & Innovation
Winexpert wanted to develop a new super premium wine – something that went above & beyond and challenged the current best. The goal was to create a true trophy wine – supreme quality, small lot, ultra-exclusive. They gave their winemakers and product development team carte blanche and one simple direction – make the best red wine we possibly can, regardless of price. They researched premium ingredients, new oaking options, new formulas, new ratios; and more. After months of trials, looking at a number of variables, they landed on a clear winner and a new super premium craft winemaking kit that stood apart from the rest of the Winexpert portfolio. A revered varietal from a prestigious region, and an innovative craft wine kit that broke the mold: a 10L craft wine kit that makes just 11.5 L of finished wine, uses a new oak format, and delivers a super premium quality wine without the use of grape skins.
Concept & Creation
This new craft wine kit stands alone in the Winexpert family – unique ingredients, size, yield, and a quality level surpassing their already impressive core portfolio – and doing so without grape skins. This was a different proposition. And so, Winexpert Revelation was born – a new brand that will consist of this single iconic wine. The memorable, impactful name serves not just as the brand name but the name of the wine itself, and the distinct look and premium bottle label reinforce the quality level of the wine. Revelation is defined as a surprising fact or event that makes you look at things in a new way. A pleasant often enlightening surprise. Something revealed, especially a striking disclosure, as if something not before realized. This speaks to the super premium nature of the product – we’re revealing a new craft winemaking kit whose quality surpasses even that of our top tier ultra premium Private Reserve brand. Revelation is an elevated spin on craft winemaking, an ingenious evolution that opens the eyes of consumers and craft winemakers not only to a new higher caliber wine, but one that does so without grape skins. It’s supreme quality achieved outside the realm of current expectations. It is Winexpert’s commitment to innovation and continuous quality improvement that allows us to present this craft winemaking revelation. The vision is to release a new version of this super premium California Cabernet Sauvignon every year. Perhaps a different AVA within Napa, or a different oak or supporting varietal – every year a new interpretation. An iconic wine with a new vintage every year, and only ever produced in small lots.