Make Great Wine Even Better!
Oak barrel aging can improve the quality of your wine. Oak’s delicate vanilla scent and complex toastiness enhances the fruit flavours and aromas already present. In addition, even a short time in a barrel can mature a wine faster than a longer period of time in a regular carboy. Oak barrel aging can turn an average wine into a prizewinner and is often a common denominator in wines that reach beyond the ordinary.
Commonly, only full-bodied red wines and richly flavoured whites (such as Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc) are used for Barrel Aging. To a red, it gives a softness and complexity that adds great character. For some whites, it can increase aromatic qualities that make the wine truly special. The natural process of evaporation allows the wine to concentrate its flavor and aroma. As well, small amounts of oxygen are allowed to pass through the barrel and acts as a softening agent upon the tannins of the wine.
Just Fine Wine offers select varieties for Barrel Aging, available systematically throughout the year ~ typically every two to three months. The program is open to anyone and is especially popular with true wine lovers. The wines selected for the program are of the top caliber and the process is an additional $50 per batch (23 Litres). Availability is limited and space fills up quickly, so be sure to inquire about reserving yours today.
Now Taking Orders For:
- SELECTION Australian Cabernet Sauvignon
- The bold, individualistic style of Australia’s winemakers has unleashed the full potential behind the ‘king of red grapes’, captured here in our Australian Cabernet Sauvignon. Combines forward fruit flavours of cherry, raspberry and blackcurrant with a tremendous backing of tannin and structure. Rich and polished with a long, layered finish warmly accentuated with oak.
- SELECTION Australian Chardonnay
- Leave it to the Aussies to take the noble French grape and turn it into the wine equivalent of a full-on party. The Chardonnays of Australia continue to wow wine drinkers around the world with their unabashed celebration of opulent fruit and vanilla-oak, full-bodied flavour. Our Chardonnay is no exception. Full, supple, buttery and fruity, this golden wine delivers from start to clean, lingering finish. Ideal with chicken, fish, salads and cream-sauce pastas.
- ECLIPSE Sonoma Dry Creek Valley Bourbon Barrel Zinfandel Cabernet
- Limited Release Bourbon Barrel Zin Cab features inviting toasty notes on the nose leading to flavours of jammy blackberry, cherry, and plum. Bourbon nuances of toasted vanilla, spice, and a hint of caramel provide for a long, smooth finish.
- ECLIPSE Napa Valley Stag’s Leap District Merlot
- Year after year, our best selling wine. Stag’s Leap Merlot outsells the next most popular wine by almost two to one. Light warm oak accentuates a spicy aroma with a soft, supple and fruity palate of plums and red berries. Rich, round flavour provides an elegant lingering finish. One of our best values, as you will currently find Stag’s Leap Merlot for $45 plus per bottle in liquor stores!
Contact Just Fine Wine today to reserve yours.