Make Great Wine Even Better!
Oak barrel aging can improve the quality of your wine. Oak’s delicate vanilla scent and complex toastiness enhances the fruit flavours and aromas already present. In addition, even a short time in a barrel can mature a wine faster than a longer period of time in a regular carboy. Oak barrel aging can turn an average wine into a prizewinner and is often a common denominator in wines that reach beyond the ordinary.
Commonly, only full-bodied red wines and richly flavoured whites (such as Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc) are used for Barrel Aging. To a red, it gives a softness and complexity that adds great character. For some whites, it can increase aromatic qualities that make the wine truly special. The natural process of evaporation allows the wine to concentrate its flavor and aroma. As well, small amounts of oxygen are allowed to pass through the barrel and acts as a softening agent upon the tannins of the wine.
Just Fine Wine offers select varieties for Barrel Aging, available systematically throughout the year ~ typically every two to three months. The program is open to anyone and is especially popular with true wine lovers. The wines selected for the program are of the top caliber and the process is an additional $50 per batch (23 Litres). Availability is limited and space fills up quickly, so be sure to inquire about reserving yours today.
Now Taking Reservations For:
- Winexpert LE20 Grenache Tannat Shiraz with Grape Skins
- Australian Grenache and Shiraz combine with California Tannat to make this plush, charismatic blend. Grenache provides notes of raspberry and spice. Tannat brings gripping tannins and a whisper of licorice, while Shiraz imparts black plum and peppercorn. This wine layers delicious dark fruit & red berry with complex notes of vanilla, peppery spice, and subtle smoke completed by racy acidity, big tannins and a lengthy finish.
- Winexpert LE20 Italian Nerello
- Grown on the slopes of an active volcano, Nerello is a wine that knows how to get your attention and keep it. Appealing aromas of cherry, strawberry and rose unfold into juicy red berry and crushed strawberry flavours with hints of cinnamon and herbs. Sleek and savoury with earthy and mineral nuances, fresh acidity and smooth, polished tannins.
- Winexpert LE20 Double Noir
- Gamay Noir and Pinot Noir are the perfect pair-both varietals feature high natural acidity and low tannins making this an extremely food-friendly wine. Cherry and cranberry on the nose with a subtle floral note. Strawberry and cherry flavours are accented by an undertone of savoury spice. Vibrant and versatile with freshness and finesse. Try chilling Double Noir an hour before serving.
- Winexpert Reserve Italian Luna Rossa (1 Remaining)
- Bold, robust and intense: Winexpert’s ‘Big Red’ is our perhaps our largest, most full-bodied red wine. A dark, inviting colour and rich, bold oak-enchanced aromas suggest at what is to come: an abundance of mouth-filling, chewy flavours of ripe black cherry, blackberry and plums. Luna Rossa is complex, with rich layers of fruit and solid supporting tannins, capped by a long toasty oak finish. A powerful wine matching startling flavours and aromas with elegance and finesse. Hurry, this one always goes fast.
- Winexpert Reserve California Enigma (2 Remaining)
- This bold, enigmatic blend from the Winexpert Reserve series has grown into one of our more popular wines. In the style of off-dry (slightly sweet) reds such as Apothic Red and Bodacious, California Enigma showcases intense fruit aromas and delivers notes of smooth black fruit, spice and vanilla. Medium-Full bodied with a smooth, round finish. Food friendly, this wine pairs well with everything from pizza to pasta and is a great match for meats like ribs or chicken with sweet and sticky marinade. The formulation of Enigma was recently tweaked during Winexpert’s recent portfolio overhaul and is now better than ever!
- Winexpert Reserve Australian Boomerang White (1 Remaining)
- Chardonnay and Semillon may have their origins in France but combining the two has become a forte of the Australians. You will find this wine crisp and refreshing with a juicy palate of tropical fruit, subtle citrus and white peach notes.
- Winexpert Reserve Australian Boomerang Red (SOLD OUT)
- Sourced from the vineyards of Australia, Boomerang Red is a vibrant and velvety blend of Petit Verdot and Grenache. Experience a luscious blend of flavours that include rich dark fruit, plum and juicy red berry, all framed by well-integrated oak.
- Winexpert Private Reserve Italian Fiero (SOLD OUT)
- Sourced from Salento, Italy, Fiero is a lush Primitivo loaded with flavours of dark berries, cherry and plum, with accents of warm baking spice and dried fruit character. Juicy ripe fruit is perfectly balanced with racy acidity and fine-grained tannins for a smooth rounded finish.
Only two red barrel starts (Enigma & Luna Rossa) remain until the LE20’s take up the bulk of the 2021 barrel aging calendar. Don’t miss out, secure your batch(es) now!
Contact Just Fine Wine today to reserve yours.