Make Great Wine Even Better!
Oak barrel aging can improve the quality of your wine. Oak’s delicate vanilla scent and complex toastiness enhances the fruit flavours and aromas already present. In addition, even a short time in a barrel can mature a wine faster than a longer period of time in a regular carboy. Oak barrel aging can turn an average wine into a prizewinner and is often a common denominator in wines that reach beyond the ordinary.
Commonly, only full-bodied red wines and richly flavoured whites (such as Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc) are used for Barrel Aging. To a red, it gives a softness and complexity that adds great character. For some whites, it can increase aromatic qualities that make the wine truly special. The natural process of evaporation allows the wine to concentrate its flavor and aroma. As well, small amounts of oxygen are allowed to pass through the barrel and acts as a softening agent upon the tannins of the wine.
Just Fine Wine offers select varieties for Barrel Aging, available systematically throughout the year ~ typically every two to three months. The program is open to anyone and is especially popular with true wine lovers. The wines selected for the program are of the top caliber and the process is an additional $50 per batch (23 Litres). Availability is limited and space fills up quickly, so be sure to inquire about reserving yours today.
Now Taking Reservations For:
- Winexpert Reserve Australian Chardonnay (Only 2 Remaining!)
- Leave it to the Aussies to take the noble French grape and turn it into the wine equivalent of a full-on party. The Chardonnays of Australia continue to wow wine drinkers around the world with their unabashed celebration of opulent fruit and vanilla-oak, full-bodied flavour. Winexpert Reserve Australian Chardonnay is no exception. Tasting notes of ripe pineapple, mango and vanilla with a full, supple, creamy texture. This golden wine delivers from start to clean, lingering finish. Ideal with chicken, fish, salads and cream-sauce pastas.
- Winexpert Private Reserve Sonoma Dry Creek Valley Chardonnay (Only 2 Remaining!)
- Fruit shines through with gentle citrus aromas and generous tropical fruit flavours. Rich mouthfeel with vanilla undertones contribute to a fresh, well-balanced wine. A rich, round mouthfeel lingers to a long, crisp finish accented with a subtle touch of oak.
- LE21 French Marselan (3 Remaining)
- Marselan is a single varietal wine made from a grape that is a hybrid of Cabernet Sauvignon and Grenache. This relatively young French varietal displays the best characteristics of both parents. Marselan is deeply coloured with a powerful nose of jammy red and black fruits and spice. The palate delivers rich ripe fruit flavours of blackberry, plum and black currant with spicy notes, balanced acidity, and well-rounded tannins. Supple, smooth, and seductive this gorgeous wine works well with charcuterie, grilled meat (bbq, burgers, pork chops), fresh lasagna with pesto, lamb navarin, and dark chocolate desserts.
- LE21 Spanish Grenahe Carignan with Grape Skins (3 Remaining)
- Grenache Carignan – Garnacha Cariñena in Spanish – is at once intense and harmonious. Deep ruby red with alluring aromas of blackberry, spice, and leather nuances. A provocative palate of black fruit, cherry, redberry and plum with well-integrated oak and accents of licorice and spice. Rich velvety tannins, moderate acidity, and a long savoury finish. This bold offering pairs well with dishes like grilled lamb, sausages, and hearty winter stews.
- Winexpert Private Reserve Stag’s Leap Merlot with Grape Skins
- Light warm oak accentuates a savoury, spicy aroma with a soft, supple and fruity palate of juicy plums and red berries. Smooth tannins and rich, round flavour provides a lush, polished texture as well as an elegant lingering finish. Harvested from the highly regarded Stag’s Leap District on the valley’s east bench, this Merlot is dry and heavy-bodied. Stag’s Leap Merlot is far and away our most popular red wine style and retails for $40 and up per bottle in liquor and wine stores.
Contact Just Fine Wine today to reserve yours.